The streaming and TV Household landscape has changed dramatically:
- Broadband Only (BBO) penetration has grown from 2% of TV HHs in 2014 to 33% in 2022.
- In the past four years, Over-The-Air (OTA) has been stable at 15%, while Cable+ composition has gone from 73% to 52%.
- 82% of TV HHs have Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) or Virtual MVPD (vMVPD) services.
Streaming usage is increasing rapidly:
- Streaming usage has grown by 24% in the past year, and 60% of usage is among adults 35+.
- Available video content has grown 51% since 2019, there are now nearly one million unique program titles across linear and streaming.
- Streaming is occurring in all TV households, not just BBO.
Streamers and BBO homes view local content:
- Nearly half of adults are likely to stream live sports or local news and events.
- While BBO penetrations continue to grow across the country, local news and live sports are the top program genres across markets.